One of the festivals celebrated in Hispanic cultures is the “Day of the Dead”. It is a great opportunity to incorporate the aspect of cultural communication into the classroom.
Source: Cobb County Public Schools
- Introduction to American Holidays in Classrooms
- Major American Holidays at A Glance – Includes Chinese New Year, Vesak, Ramadon & others
- How Do We Teach Children About Beliefs, Holidays and Festivals of Cultures and Religions Different from Their Own?
- Why Is It Important to Teach About Other Faiths & Beliefs?
- How Can We Teach About Other Faiths & Beliefs?
- Obstacles to Teaching About Other Faiths, Beliefs & History
- Approaching Subjects of Cultural Sensitivity
- Why Should We Do All This?
Celebrate the holiday season and learn how others celebrate with these lessons and resources for Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Ashura, Pongal, and New Years.